The Journey of and after Pneumonia

**Disclaimer–I started this blog post while I was still down for the count. It was beyond good for my heart to go back and finish this, leaving in the not so fun details, but finish it out with testimony of the Lord’s healing! Amen and Amen!**

Many people have asked me what exactly happened to me. For document sake, I thought this might be a good place to journal it all out. It is also a safe place to journal it out and for my heart to trust in the Lord and know He is in control.

I am one that tells others to journal their prayers so that
they may have a record of the way God answers them.
Here is my journal. Here are my prayers.
This is my journey through and back from pneumonia.

What started out as a beautiful weekend on January 29th-I had a great 
9 mile/marathon training run. Felt great and was
eagerly anticipating the next week where I knew training was 
about to be rubber hitting the road-and I was excited about it.
We picked up Jude from school and had
a great family day!

The next morning-January 30th-I woke up EARLY for a 5k run with Dorie
with a little twinge in my chest-but hey-I can still run a 5k!
By night time I was running a fever and the room was spinning. 
Kristin. Down.

Sunday am fever even higher.
Monday even higher-so we call the dr, but they couldn’t see me till Wednesday.
Tuesday evening-in the E.R. with a 105 fever.
x-rays, lots of blood drawn, three bags of fluids and two bags of antibiotics later
it’s declared I was septic, with low blood pressure, high pulse
and pneumonia…and I was being admitted.

Two days into being admitted, lab results came back and 
the stuff I had coughed up for them showed a rare bacteria-not so much
normal for normal pneumonia, so they switched the antibiotic I was on.
On Saturday, when apparently my coloring started to return, they let me return home with
instructions to be on bedrest for ten days.

On Wednesday I was starting to feel better, but also took my last dose of antibiotics.
On Thursday I could not move off the couch again and this continued through the
weekend. Sunday night my fever spiked back up again to 102.1
and needless to say I found myself back at the dr on Monday.

The results: I still had crackling in my lungs = pneumonia.
 The antibiotic they treated the bacteria with in the hospital
was specific to that bacteria/not pneumonia.
Round three of antibiotics was begun.

Round three of antibiotics seemed to do the trick, as my fever never returned.
We are incredibly thankful for the community that rallied around us,
prayed us through this season, and kept us fed!

The words THANK YOU do not even begin to seem big enough!

Now, a month or so later–I fully believe the Lord has healed me.
I was told that it would probably be months before I started to
feel all the way like myself again, and I would definitely
have that pesky cough for months.
I am excited to say that I am back to running and feel great.
 I do not know why I was
taken down this crazy road, but what I do know is that once I was back
on my feet, the recovery back has been quick. I give Him all the glory.

“It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
    to sing praises to your name, O Most High;
to declare your steadfast love in the morning,
    and your faithfulness by night, to the music of the lute and the harp,
    to the melody of the lyre.
For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work;
    at the works of your hands I sing for joy.”

Psalm 92